Five minutes can make a big difference.
4 Steps to Building Healthier Habits
These tips can you help you start and keep healthy habits:
1. Set a specific goal.
For example, “I want to walk for 30 minutes five times a week.”
2. Start small and build from there.
Try 15 minutes of walking, three days per week.
3. Set yourself up for success.
For our walking example, you could:
- Block off specific days and times on your calendar.
- Have a playlist or podcast ready to enjoy.
- Find a walking buddy.
4. Track your progress to stay motivated
Focus on what you’re doing well, not where you’re falling short.
Sources: NIH, News in Health; Psychology Today